SEO Content Strategist with extensive experience planning and creating content optimized for search. Experience using a wide variety of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, Moz and SEMRush to track and assess how content is performing. Strong analytical and problems-solving skills. Experience testing keywords and content formats to discover what works and translate those insights into usable strategies that ensure content reaches its full potential in terms of traffic generation and customer satisfaction. Background in education and curriculum design. Comfortable teaching others best practices in SEO and content creation. Growth-oriented. Constantly searching out new information and educational opportunities to increase knowledge and skills.
I’m unsure where my path will lead me, but I see my future continuing to extend itself in the world of Communications and Technology. My ideal job would involve editorial work, web development, SEO and online marketing strategies or some combination of them all.
Technical and Professional Communications
Master’s Degree (in progress)
East Carolina University – Greenville NC
Elementary Education (K-6, Reading K-12)
Bachelor’s Degree (2003 – 2007)
East Carolina University – Greenville, NC
Summa Cum Laude
Foundations Curriculum Honors Program
Ledonia S. Wright Award for High Academic Achievement
March 2018 – Present
- Daily researched and suggested content topics for gaming and tech reporters.
- Edited content and guides to optimize them for search. This included headline suggestions, layout formatting, headings, bullet lists, photo captions, tagging, etc. Where possible, provided real-time feedback to writers on why specific changes were suggested and how those suggestions aligned with best SEO practices.
- Developed and updated a group guide on best SEO practices. Conducted staff training for both writers and editors on these practices.
- Monitored real-time article performance in search engines based on targeted keywords.
- Ran regular audits on the gaming section to determine how content performed in search and where we could improve/make changes.
- Conducted regular tests to discover new or underserved audiences or discover better ways of formatting content for search and engagement.
- Contributed to the development of an editorial calendar based on seasonal events, game releases etc.
- Helped design and direct the order and timing of content creation and publication for major tech and gaming events and releases.
Tech and Mobile Gaming Reporter
iDigitalTimes and Player.One
June 2012 – March 2018
- Pitched and wrote daily articles on trending topics in Mobile Gaming, Tech or Security news.
- Developed relationships with experts in the fields of programming, app development, and security research for original news and reporting.
- Wrote several breaking cybersecurity news reports.
- Was consistently one of the top traffic generators for the group with high levels of engagement. Had the highest number of repeat visitors and lowest bounce rates.
- Actively leveraged social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Developed a following of 10,000 active Twitter users and 700 active Facebook followers.
- Averaged 1 million + unique readers per month in 2015 and over 2 million unique readers per month in 2016.
- Contributed to the development of the editorial calendar.
- Maintained highest unique readership within my newsgroup for four consecutive years – Summer 2012 – Summer 2016 (Player.One)
- Received 2014 and 2015 Employee Of The Year Award (Player.One)
Sales and Marketing Consultant
January 2012 – June 2012
As a sales and marketing consultant with Academics Plus, I completed a variety of PR/Marketing activities, which include:
- Built the Academics Plus brand through daily social media posts and participation in education-related Twitter chats. Increased the company’s active Twitter followers from 38 to 586 in 1 month.
- Utilized Klout, HootSuite, SocialBro, Buffer, and Google Analytics regularly for analysis and tracking of website and social networking growth and traffic.
- Completed regular market research on competitors, trends in online tutoring, scholarly articles and more for use in product materials, newsletters and other marketing publications.
- Developed a sales model of educational consulting rather than hard selling. Increased sales leads from 27 to 219 in 2 months. 137 Leads personally generated.
- Trained sales staff in relevant keywords usage and ideas related to issues in Higher Ed today for use in cold calling.
- Created information collection form templates in Microsoft Excel and Access to increase organization and coordination of sales contacts, follow updates, etc.
- Created invitations and teaser letters for live webinars, as well as informational product sheets, competition comparison graphs, and other sales and marketing publications for informational product kit.
- Designed and scripted a live webinar used to inform colleges/universities about our product.
- Presented live webinars for colleges and universities assessing the program. Created/scripted 2-minute Teaser video about online tutoring product through Window Movie Maker.
Wayne County Public Schools
January 2008 – January 2012
During my time as a teacher, my engagement in the educational community was high. Some of the activities and recognition included but are not limited to:
- Managed and taught 24-36 students from diverse backgrounds, daily working with multiple educational specialists, including ESL and Special Ed. Teachers. I regularly practiced the inclusion model in my classroom.
- Received Clinical Teacher Certification to monitor, rate and report on pre-service teachers.
- Led staff development on Bloom’s Taxonomy, High Yield Strategies, and Instructional Technology programs.
- Designed a school-wide services schedule, coordinating schedules of 800+ staff and students to align pull-out services for students. This resulted in more whole-class teach time for regular classroom teachers without interrupting lunch, recess and/or special area classes.
- Served as ICT Case Manager (2 years of Experience) – Teachers referred students to ICT. As ICT Case Manager, I would observe and chart data of student behaviors and academic issues and then collaborate with classroom teacher/tutors, sharing best strategies for meeting the referred student’s needs. We would design a remediation plan and I would revisit the teacher at regular intervals to assess changes in student behavior/academic growth and revise remediation plan as needed.
- Designed and Implemented individualized and data-driven behavioral and educational plans for challenging and at-risk students within my classroom, resulting in significant educational growth and behavior changes.
- Rated Distinguished and Accomplished on yearly teacher evaluation instruments.
- Recipient of 9 Donors Choose grants for educational equipment and materials.
- Wrote 2 award-winning essays for Weekly Reader Teacher’s Edition and Discovery Education, earning technology equipment for my classroom.
- Created and sold educational products on TeachersPayTeachers.com
Weight Loss Counselor/Sales
LA Weight Loss
January 2007 – January 2008
Duties included but were not limited to:
- Pitching weight loss program to prospective clients
- Booking appointments/cold calling
- Designing floor displays and marketing publications.
- Taking inventory and placing orders
- Participating in conference calls, training and other sales and marketing-related meetings.
- Creating and updating client database
- Counseling clients as they went through the weight loss process.
- Collecting and charting data on client weight loss, measurements, etc. for analysis/ reporting